Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Sneak Peek at Let's Go Camping! Crochet Your Own Adventure

 Now that the release date is rapidly drawing near (24th September - Jonno's birthday), I thought I should show you a little bit of what I have been up to over the past few months. 
Many of you have seen the crochet caravan which will of course feature in the book, but did you know that there are all sorts of other patterns for things like narrow boats, ice cream trucks, lake cabins, tents, teepees, etc, etc (my fingers will drop off if I write down everything and you have to have a few surprises left when you open the book).
 One of the projects I adored making was this narrow boat. Here it is undergoing construction on the kitchen table. It was such a joy to make.
 At first it was a little cold so I made a wood burner for it. What a difference, the bed only needed one blanket after that otherwise it would just be too hot to sleep. I do spend a lot of time on my own it may be worth pointing out here.
 Cruising along the kitchen table on a paper river.
The wood burner is of course crochet and doesn't make a difference to room temperature.

If you are wanting to pre-order a copy, check out your favourite online bookstore or try here
Lots and lots of love,
Kate. xxooxx

20 comments:

  1. So fabulous! Congrats and best wishes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I can't wait. What a treat to look forward to...thank you. :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really amazing! The little flowers on top of the boat are so minuscule!
    Wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so fabulous! I'm looking forward to getting a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice!!!!
    i love it and i am sure my little kids too!!
    I am looking to have it!
    Miss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate,

    I run a small bohemian campsite in the South of Spain and am passionate about crochet....I'm guessing your book will become my favourite book this fall! I've just pre-ordered it from Book Depository And am looking so much forward to receiving it!
    Thanks for this amazing inspiration.
    X Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book looks great - love the narrow boat and especially the woodburner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, again and again! All those details... Love it, as usual! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have already pre ordered it! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these... so sweet, makes we want to go camping!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool! I love all the details inside the boat. I don't crochet (I knit) but a book like this one just might motivate me to finally figure out crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These little camping crochet thingies are so cute! I will certainly buy the book - will you sell it via etsy again or through a publishing company?

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! I love the caravan too. It's so good that they'll be in a book with lots of other nice things. I can't wait to see what else is in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and detailed - you must have a lot of patience!
    Absolutely charming. Wishing you every success with Let's Go Camping xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have just pre-ordered from Amazon UK. I can't wait to see all the cute things in the book and make my very own Narrow boat and Caravan! You are so talented, thank you for sharing your talent with us xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of this book-saw article in Mollie Makes. I have 'shared' the book cover on my Instagram feed @blackkitten_kitkatjo . Hope that's ok :)

      Delete
  16. Privileged to see an actual copy of the book, thanks Kate. It's lovely. You should ALL buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. estoy obsesionada con tus trabajos, que bellos, que Dios te bendiga!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Register Once Your Camps & Home Stay Here and Make Profit All Time - http://eepurl.com/cn8X31 & visit www.campadda.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have just received your book and it is delightful. I am however concerned about the size of the templates for the caravan etc as I can't see anywhere the size they should be. Surely it isn't the size they are printed in the book x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails