Thursday, November 10, 2011

How to Crochet Angel Wings.


Abbreviations and explanations:


st - stitch

slst - slip stitch

ch - chain

sc - single crochet

dc - double crochet

cluster - a group of 3dc and 1slst

bridge - 2ch between each cluster.

The wing is worked from sided to side so turn at the end of every row.


Round 1. Ch2 then sc 4 times into the 2nd ch from the hook.


Round 2. *3dc then 1slst into the first st*. Repeat ** into the following 2 sts. (3 clusters)

Round 3. Slst into the middle st of the 1st cluster from the previous round. *Ch 2 then slst into the middle st of the next cluster*. Repeat ** 1 more time. (3 2ch bridges).

Round 4. *3 dc then 1slst once into the middle st of the first cluster from round 2 then 3dc and 1slst into the next 2ch bridge*. Repeat ** until 5 clusters have been formed, ending on the middle st of the last cluster from round 2. (5 clusters).

Round 5. Slst into the middle st of the first cluster from the previous round. *Ch 2 then slst into the middle st of the next cluster*. Repeat ** 3 more times. (4 2ch bridges).


Round 6. *3dc then 1slst into the first 2ch bridge*. Repeat ** 3 more times. (4 clusters).

Round 7. Slst into the middle st of the first cluster from the previous round. *Ch 2 then slst into the middle st of the next cluster*. Repeat ** 2 more times. (3 2ch bridges).

Round 8.*3dc then 1slst into the first 2ch bridge*. Repeat ** 2 more times. (3 clusters).


Round 9. Slst into the middle st of the first cluster from the previous round. *Ch 2 then slst into the middle st of the next cluster*. Repeat ** once more. (2 2ch bridges).


Round 10. *3dc then 1slst into the first 2ch bridge*. Repeat ** once more. (2 clusters).


Round 11.Slst into the middle st of the first cluster from the previous round then ch2 and slst into the middle st of the next cluster. (1 2ch bridges).


Round 12. 3dc then 1slst into the 2ch bridge. (1 cluster).


Bind off securely and hold tight so that it doesn't flutter away. Now make another one to match so that the angel, or bird doesn't get stuck flying in circles.

I am really looking forward to making lots of pairs and hanging them on the Christmas tree maybe on little coat hangers. Angels need somewhere special to hang their spares.
Or even attach them to an angel bunny, or a bird. Or make a ginormous pair and wear them yourself.
Good luck and please leave any questions in the message section.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

15 comments:

Annabelle said...

Thank you for this pattern...I love them! I am definitely going to crochet these...maybe with something glittery.

Lina said...

Thanks for the pattern. Love them. I´ll try to do it next weekend.

Greetings from Spain.

Aishwarya said...

Wow! Lovely blog.... Its wonderful, warm and inspiring. XXX

Stocki said...

Ah...just what I need... thank you for putting it up :)x

Claudia said...

I lOvE the angel wings! Thanks for the pattern!
And the messages you include in your little creatures make them sweeter! :)

Jules said...

Great pattern Kate, think I will be having a go at making my own angel this year, with a pair of your wings finishing off the ensemble beautifully!! Thanks for sharing1 Have a great week, julie:)

AnnieMay said...

Thank you for your lovely blog. I have recently made your rabbit which my children love! Please take a look at it on my blog

http://annie-athome.blogspot.com/

I am new to blogging and cannot claim to have reached your lovely level but I am trying!

AnnieMay

Penelope said...

Dearest Kate
Thank you for posting this beautiful angelic pattern. I love the idea of putting them on bunnies and bears xox

Dominique said...

SO cool!! I love the idea of a big pair to wear myself. Would they be functional I wonder...?

Planet Penny said...

These are lovely, thanks so much!

vlpw said...

Thank you for sharing this pattern...I love the clusters! I think I might be missing something, but will keep trying to perfect them--do you chain 1 when you turn as usual? Thanks again--all my bears will have wings now!

missnysa said...

awesome..i been searching for wing pattern..thanks so much for sharing ^^

Anonymous said...

Love your angel wings and thank you for the directions. I would very much like a pattern for the cone part of the Angel shown in the picture. Hope you have and willing to share. Marlene
zoom2u64@yahoo.com

Karli said...

I would love to make these for a photo prop for newborns. This is the BEST pattern i have found yet...Could you help me to do the calculations for making them bigger for this purpose possibly? Thanks so much!
karli.edge@gmail.com

Royal Empress said...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with this pattern but my wing tends to curl so for now I have given up. Any advice is appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails