Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Through the Ash Cloud...



Well, I am home again!!! There was a nice window between gusts of ash (apparently Melbourne Airport is shutting down tomorrow) and I managed to jump aboard a plane and wing my way back to my boys (big and small).
While it was so, so, so, so good to have a bit of extra time with my family, two weeks away from Jonno, Archie and Hugo was a little too much.
The boys were very excited about the socks I knitted for them during my extended stay, but would you believe even more so about the lego I brought back for them... hmmm, youth of today.
I included the top photos of the sun setting on my last night. I think the ash might have made the colours even more intense, it was all very pink, purple, orange and gold. The trees were a little damp and I am sure the raindrops on them were reflecting the colours as well. Beautiful.
And so, today is a day of unpacking, washing and rehydrating (maybe a little bit of catnapping too). Hopefully then I can pull my crochet hook out and do something a little more fun towards the end of the day.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

6 comments:

John Constable Hayes said...

Lou and I loved your time with us

Leonie @ Cuppa and Cake said...

Glad to see your home all safe and sound. xx

Amanda Makes said...

Welcome home chick. xxx

Ruth said...

Glad to hear you're home safely!

greenthumb said...

Glad you made it home to your family, bet they were glade to see you.

cursivearts said...

beautiful photography. Especially that second picture of clouds!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails