Monday, October 17, 2011

These School Holidays...

With fingers crossed (and aside from the whole Rena disaster), I can happily say that our school holidays have been fantastic. Very relaxing and lots of fun. We haven't really gone anywhere or done anything 'exciting' such as the movies, etc, but instead have been quietly at home having lots of opportunity to make things and chat and read books. Hugo has been especially busy with the whole making business, in the photo above you will see the playground he made for his pokemon. He also buried old toilet paper rolls all over the lawn leaving the ends poking up so he could have telescopes into the earth.
You know he is happy when you hear the rip, rip, rip of masking tape.
I have been spellbound by my jumper, it really is one of the most enjoyable things I have ever knitted.
Ooooh yes, I received something very exciting in the mail yesterday but I will show you more next week. Here is a little glimpse though, I wonder if, by looking at the label you can guess where it came from.
The boys have discovered some clay on the farm... hours of fun.
My new pillow cases are working out well for me - they do help me to have wonderful sleeps. There was a question in the comment section wondering how I made the holes for the crochet. I actually blanket stitched along the edge first and then crocheted onto that.
I have just finished reading 'The Dovekeepers' by Alice Hoffman which I just adored. If you like great historical fiction than this is for you.
And a last little project to show, a birthday card that Hugo and I made together and which shakes. I saw a tutorial on it somewhere online (I can't remember where... I will post when I do) and we couldn't resist. I really want to make a grownup version with vegetable seeds and glitter... a grownup-ish version I guess.
I had better go and retrieve dinner from the oven.
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails