Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Little Friends.

We are a restless, relentless bunch of creative people aren't we - always shooting off in different directions and finding inspiration in the most unlikely of places. I feel so blessed to have a community of likeminded people meeting through our blogs. Can you imagine if we were all still isolated in our little spaces without having this connection together! 
I've recently started a new project, crocheting little costumes for vintage Playmobil people and photographing them as they go about their daily lives (they are very busy). I popped a couple of photos onto Instagram and would you believe that there is a whole universe doing similar things (but without the crochet)!
 "What's new pussycat...."
 I am so enjoying this project and the boys are too.
 Even the little figurines are getting into it - this guy went a bit overboard with his posing though....
 All the possibilities - it really is one of my favourite things to do.

These littlies are so excited about decorating the tree, hopefully the snow will subside long enough for them to get started.
Lots of love,
Kate. xxooxx.

7 comments:

  1. Love these costumes - reminds me of all the playmobil we have in the loft and all the costumes I made my boys!!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful smile for this grey day here. Thank you. I believe part of the secret to life has to be, being young at heart, always.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativity is so inspiring Kate! Love this - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EVery time I see your playmobile people you take me on a nostalgic journey to my childhood. I used to love the playmobile people but I only had a few - don't know whatever happened to them - probably got handed down to younger cousins or left behind in house moves. I loved them because they encourage imaginative play and, especially with the help of crocheted and handstitched accessories, they can be anyone or anything they want to be!
    It is good to know that one doesn't need to lose that sense of imagination and playfulness upon reaching adulthood. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails