Sunday, June 24, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig.

 After a wonderful whirlwind trip to Australia, I'm back home again with Jonno and the boys. As always, it was so hard saying goodbye to my family in Australia, especially all of the little ones who grow so much in between visits. I am so lucky to have such a great family but leaving them tends to cause huge squeezing pains in my heart - it actually truly hurts... but still, nothing like cuddles from big little 6 and 9 year old boys to soothe it.
 While I was in Australia (and I will do more on my trip later in the week), I made a few friends for Stanley. Do you like his baby? She actually pops out of the backpack... Don't be alarmed by the presence of a fox - he's only really interested in chicks. Rabbits are safe.


I had so much fun developing these characters while I was away - now I can't way to do Dogman and Wolfman and Frogman and Deerman. So much to do and not a clean spot in the house to do it in...
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.
p.s. It is soooo good to be back in blogland!!!!!

12 comments:

joan said...

welcome back, love your family, so cute

CrochetBlogger said...

Absolutely adorable!

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Welcome back! What a sweet little family you have made. Just darling!

Alessandra said...

Welcome back!! Your tiny creatures are so so cute!!!
xxx Alessandra

Pom Pom said...

Oh, how VERY sweet! I love the bunny in the pack!
Welcome back!
I DO love Australia!

Barbara said...

Hello Kate, I just love your tiny creatures, esp Mr Fox, and also your larger photos are wonderful!

Barbara x :)

ellie said...

These are ALL so stinking adorable! I love the fox, his tail and all is beautiful. Please let me know when I can buy some friends for My Stanley - I bet he'd love a foxy friend. And the baby. Oh.

I'm really glad you had a good time back at home with your family. I know that feeling of pure deep gut wrench on having to leave them. Aren't we lucky to live in a time when airtravel is possible. I can' imagine those people who hopped on a boat to some far flung country and never saw or heard from their family again.

fee @ chipper nelly said...

ah welcome back! I spotted that little fox in the tiny tile on my sidebar...I love a homemade fox of any description (even though our Mr fox keeps eating our chickens!)
And a baby rabbit in a little carrier? too cute!
fee x
(giveaway over at mine this week!)

Bungalowgirl said...

I love that Mr Fox, he just looks suave doesn't he. And that bunny in it's sling- so cute. I can see them photographed and turned into a beautiful childrens storybook. melx

Lily said...

Welcome back - I love the new little creatures. My Mam made me a little knitted bunny which I have still got and they remind me of it. Good luck with the cleaning!!

Dottie May said...

Wow, they are just too cute, do you take commissions? xxxx

principeta said...

In love the fox.Where did you find the pattern or is it your own?Can you share it,please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails