Saturday, June 2, 2012

Illumination and Rain Drops.

Odd subject of a photo I know, but I came home from the school run the other day and found these plastic bags filled with light. I always have wondered about what they do when left alone. And now, thanks to opening the door very quietly, I have found out. As soon as they heard the camera click they flopped back down lifelessly.
 We had a little surprise birthday party for  our neighbour Dominique last night. I sneakily picked up her teenage daughter from the bus stop and ferried her back to my house so she could decorate this cake. Don't you think she did a wonderful job! Hugo was a little disappointed though as she brought an icing gun with her but didn't end up 'shooting' the cake.....
This is a little craft project that I did with some children from the boys' school. We now have a water feature in the school library with a fluffy cloud raining down smily faced rain drops. It was so cute watching the children make them and then reluctantly hand them over to be attached. 
Have a lovely weekend - we have a quiet one scheduled thank goodness with a snuggly, family movie night on the big blue couch.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxxooxx.

6 comments:

Alessandra said...

beautiful drops!!
xxxx Alessandra

Plummy Mummy said...

Those drops are so cute. How great for the kids to see them each time they go into the library.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Love the raindrops!

sue said...

I love your raindrops! Have a great snuggly time on the sofa too

Anonymous said...

The cake is SOOOOO YUMMY! and the drops SOOOOOOO LOVELY!

Simona from Italy

Kylie said...

Love the bags... I've always wondered too! ;)
Those raindrops are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing these Kate. Love your new look too... how long since I've visited? Sorry. But great to be back. Kx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails