Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hurrah for the First Rainy Day!!!

 Isn't it funny how the first rainy day of a stretch that threatens to hang around for a while is the most snuggly day possible. I know my sanity levels may start to change as the week goes on, but for now, it has been wonderful. Today I finished my bigger hot air balloon... Stanley is enjoying it already.... And had a visit from my amazingly talented next door neighbour.

 This is what she made for me - a mini Mona Lisa Rabbit oil painting!!!!! Can you imagine how many times I would have flipped in a row if I could???
 It proved to be a very difficult task to show not only how small this painting is....
But also how detailed it is. I am honoured and humbled and most of all, happy to be me because I get to own it. Thank you Dominique - you are the best neighbour ever! Did I also happen to mention that she bought me chocolates (as a congratulations for getting into my first ever exhibition - which she is also in (but of course)) And some milk for a cup of tea because I had run out. 
Time to read a story and tuck in my big boy,
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

10 comments:

Kim said...

Your hot air balloon is adorable. Great choices of colours, too. How cute is the mini Mona? Love it! x

Lily said...

How talented your neighbout is! The hot air balloon is really pretty - it would be lovely to hange above a crib. If you want rain we could send you some from the wettest UK EVER!! Lily. xxx

thelittleroomofrachell said...

The hot air balloon and bunny are super cute!

Natalie said...

The hot air balloon is awesome! I need to make one, too! And the tiny Rabbit Mona Lisa is stunning. Wow.

Hootnz said...

That is an adorable hot air balloon! And the bunny mona lisa is so cute... love awesome neighbours... I finally have some after a lifetime of crappy ones :)

Madeleine said...

Aww! Too cute! :D I love it!

Aubrey said...

Hi daughter dearest! about time you will say i am sure. I am blown away by your lovely neighbour's Mona rabbit and all your stanley work. The hot air balloon is gorgeous! love Muim

snoopydog said...

WOW! THe hot air balloon is just fantastic. How lovely!Ros

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

The hot air balloon is too cute!

Sanne said...

The balloon is very cute! How dit you make the top to be so perfectly round? I tried to make a ball last week about the size of your balloon, but it didn't turn out so great. Would love some tips on that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails