Friday, July 27, 2012

Morning Tea and Crochet.

 Yesterday I had a morning tea for my cousin/sister-in-law (yes, it's all legal but our children are 1st  and 2nd cousins) as she and her family are going to live in France for a year.... lucky things. One of our friends turned up with a container filled to the brim with madeleines - I think that this has to be one of the prettiest bowls of baking that has ever been in our house.  I would have been quite happy to chase people away just so that I could keep admiring them. 
 My next tiny project is to crochet my hair dresser's logo for his new salon. He is the best hair dresser in the world and next week I have an appointment to undergo a big change... photos will follow.
 This morning Hugo piled all of the cushions up on a chair so that he could be "extra comfy". I made him pause so that I could take a photo.
 The finished sphere - Usually I stuff them, but instead this time used a polystyrene ball that has literally been rolling around our house for the past few weeks. I love how perfectly spherical it becomes.
And this has been my favourite read over the last few months. I devoured it in the space of two days because it was so addictive and am now almost feeling at a bit of a loose end because it so entirely took over my life. "The Age of Miracles" tells the story of a family as the Earth's rotation begins to slow and the 24 hour clock becomes theoretical if not obsolete. Written from the point of view of a 12 year old girl, it truly is spellbinding.
Anyhoo, time to hang out the washing.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails