Tuesday, October 16, 2012

More Yellow Shoes.

 I have lost two pairs of shoes lately to holes. Of course, having been so fond of them I felt quite sad to say good bye.  That is until I saw this pair in the front window of a shop. Love at first sight.
 My favourite way to relax is by visiting the library in town. When I arrive home with a bag literally bursting with books, I feel as though I have been on a shopping spree. And, there are literally shelves and shelves of crafting books. I think I must have been hungry on today's trip as the balance was more in favour of cooking books.
 Beside my bed - Archie and I are reading 'My Family and Other Animals' which we are utterly adoring. Hugo is fascinated by Heston Blumenthal's creations so that is his to the left.
 I took this photo about half an hour ago. Hugo and Jonno having story time and spelling together. So cosy!!!
 And Archie snuggled up with the latest Rick Riordan book, fresh from the library shelves. Happy boy.
I found this ball in my studio before - do you think two little boys might have been playing in there?
Thank you so much for all of your lovely birthday comments - they turned my birthday into a festival for me long after the day had passed.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

8 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Love seeing boy bookworms - my two teens both are :) Rick Riordan is very popular with youngest teen :)

Very cheerful shoes - remind me of the sunshine that disappeared from the UK in recent days.

Alessandra said...

i love to read books, too!!! And with my boys is even better!!!
xxx Alessandra

**Anne** said...

Those shoes are fab, no one will lose you! :)
I have the exact same feelings about visiting the library and love bringing home a huge stack of books. I love that book by Gerald Durrell. So funny.
Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Wot handsome adorrrable boyzz u have :-) Happy contented pics :-)
Wurzburg Wunderers

Anonymous said...

So glad to see people are still reading Gerald Durrell books, I grew up on them, they'e brilliant!

Sophie Slim said...

So many books and cricket balls in your home - a perfect balance! ;)

Serendipity said...

Love the yellow shoes.
It's strange to see a picture of one of my regular walks on the front cover of one of your library books. David Hockney paints the woodland scenes around my home town.

Evi said...

just popped over from D2E to say hello and noticed you are reading My Family and other Animals...... I'm reading this to my younger children atm and we LOVE it! In fact, it was one of my older ones that wanted me to read it aloud again - I'd read it to them years ago and she remembered it with fondness!! The next one, BIrds Beasts and Relatives is equally funny!
Nice to meet you :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails