Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crochet!!!

For the last couple of months I haven't been able to crochet due to my left pointer finger suffering from a series of bizarre accidents... So when I began crocheting again yesterday, my joy was boundless.
A package arrived in the mail today from a very, very beloved friend. This little bundle of fabric was nestled inside.
Gaahhhh - look at them - the Liberty ribbon fabric will definately be trimming pillowcases soon.
Ummm, Hugo made some armor for Chocolate Brownie. I had to take a photo before I made him take it off.... just to show Jonno of course.
So ridiculously cute - and the tailoring is perfect - pretty good for a six year old. Don't worry, I have explained to Hugo that chickens don't need armor... if only they did though.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

7 comments:

Alessandra said...

hip hip hurray for crochet back in your life!!!
say to your son, please, that is chick armor is such a clever idea!!!
happy day, xxx Ale

Henry's Shed said...

Yay for crochet! I just hate it when anything keeps me from my hook! Very cute chick too!
Karen x

Sue said...

So glad you can get back to your crochet. Oh wow that armour looks awesome, clever boy! I knitted a walking harness for my Guinea pig when I was a little girl, it fitted perfectly, until he moved of course it stretched and he slipped straight out of it and hid under the shed!

Julie said...

Lovely fabric to receive, I always love seeing photos of peoples bookshelves - it looks as though I would enjoy lots of your books.

Mad CrochetScientist said...

Hello Kate! I just wanted to contact you to let you know I've used your crocheted ball wreath as inspiration for a virtual holiday craft project. I know they were just crocheted balls and it wasn't a pattern but I still think you deserve credit since I would not have had the idea if I had not seen your photo of it on Pinterest. Please contact me to let me know how you would like to be credited. I was planning to say it was inspired by Kate at the Greedy For Color blog, but if you would like something different, you can tell me so! Thanks for sharing so many colorful and beautiful ideas!

Lily said...

How cute to make armour for the little bird - its a really good fit too! xxx

Lisa said...

so wanna learn crochet!! naww the chick is super cute

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails