Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Goodbye Kind of Holiday.

 After my last post saying that we were unwell, I wouldn't blame you for thinking that maybe the whole family had succumbed to the plague. In actual fact, we have been in Australia saying goodbye to my parents' farm. I thought I had better include the photo of Hugo above holding kangaroo poo for proof. He was very please with it…
And here I am in Australia - see the eucalyptus behind me. I am obviously saying something incredibly profound, maybe even mathematical?
Mum's garden is an absolute delight at the moment so I took reams of photos. I think it will be very hard to say goodbye to, particularly all of her roses which are incredible.
Her garden is filled with all sorts of little niches. I love the sedum growing in the stone wall.
 Roses, borage, valerian, echiums, wall flowers, lambs ears. Heaven.

 Precious hands (my mum and my sister) and precious roses.
 While we were busy packing, Hugo took it upon himself to conquer bike riding. As we live on a very hilly farm in New Zealand, biking hasn't really been an option. We have tried him up at the beach house a few times but he has been very firmly attached to his training wheels. So wahoo for the summer, many more bike riding adventures for us to have.
 So, a very busy and emotional 10 days. Very hard to say goodbye to everyone this time but so special to be able to help and enjoy a last stay on the farm.
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails