Monday, January 6, 2014

Books and Crazy New Hair.

 So this is what happens when you get cooped up with unwell children over summer. You start to feel a little drab and then the next think you know, you ask your neighbour to dye your hair… which she very obligingly does. I really like it but it did take me a couple of days to get used to it. My head piece was bought yesterday on sale as I thought it would come in handy for our mid year school ball (which is dress up). I will try to wear it only when I am tidying up the house - it will make cleaning more enjoyable.
 I also went to the library yesterday and borrowed a few more books. 'The Goldfinch' was such a stand alone read that it was quite hard to settle into a new one for a couple days. I actually ended up culling a couple of less than wonderful books as they couldn't measure up and life is too short for Not Very Good Reads…. sadly this for me included Adriana Trigiani's new book which I will try another day when I am not feeling so fussy (I usually really love her). I then read 'Dreamquake' the sequel to 'Dreamhunter' by Elizabeth Knox which I adored (I think I mentioned that in the last post) and am  now reading 'The Magicians' by Lev Grossman which is pretty good. I'm thinking Amy Tan next. I am so spoilt for books right now.
 Another head shot. Just hanging out with the kids…
And little cool cat Hugo with his new $6 sun glasses. Apparently they are very hard to wear inside as everything becomes dark.
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.
p.s. Lesley, it was lovely to meet you in the library the other day and such a thrill to see your reading list!

15 comments:

  1. oooooooo, such a TRANSFORMation. wowie, gorgus hair !
    do you feel like a 'new you' inside too?
    i once had my hair dyed blonde, tho more yellow than this platinum colour, and the roots stayed dark , hmmmmm , hooker , very blah !
    while yours is much more paris chic and totally fresh ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really like the blond hair! I've wanted to do that but haven't worked up the nerve. You may inspire me to take the leap! I hope y'all get feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blond hair, it really suits you.
    The headdress is so pretty.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell Hugo that I have the same problem, I also struggle with them outside judging steps and things!

    Lovely hair and hat/headdress and happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hair. Disappointed that you didn't like the new Adriana Trigiani - I have it in my to read pile - and I really enjoyed all her previous books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love hair Kate, I go blonde too every now and again just to keep life interesting, and I agree about The Goldfinch, what a brilliant read, I am still thinking about it weeks after I finished it, it's one of those books that stays with you I think, a hard act to follow!
    Have a great week! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kate, made my day again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the new look Kate! Thanks for the new reading ideas. - I've added a few to my must read list! Always look forward to reading your posts, Tina (the rogue sparrow )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hair Kate! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely hair and fun headpiece. Glad to see your son is doing much better for the new year. Congratulations on your publication with the magazine ... How exciting. I'm going to look for it here in the US. Have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great hair. It seems funny watching you all look summery in our terrible weather, but it cheers me up. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks super cool Kate! I must get round to putting more red in mine this week. I am half way through Donna Tarts The little friend before i read The Goldfinch, there is a waiting list of 36 people at my library waiting to read it, they apparently have 12 copies. I never want her books to end x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for new hair! Well your blog is called 'Greedy For Colour'....so why not change, come to think of it...why not go for a multi coloured hair do! It looks fab! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your new hair and the hair band is so cheerful too! I love Amy Tan but I have not seen that book. Is it newly published? i also like Adriana Trigiani but I could not get into the one called 'Rococo' and as you said, life's too short to bother with mediocre reads. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me again - sadly I too have given up on the Adriana Trigiani. It just doesn't flow as a story, maybe it was a rush job for publishing deadlines. Such a shame when her other books have been so enjoyable. I did enjoy the Amy Tan in your pile though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails