Thursday, January 2, 2014

Crochet Bears and Things

 Hugo has now finally had about 4 days of being temperature free. He was a sick little lad for 10 days and it feels as though we are only just starting to breathe again. So as I am sure you can imagine, Christmas and New Year's were very quiet. I am finding it heavenly to be on the other side of it all. Anyhoo, I saw that they have released the new cover of Simply Crochet uk, issue 14 and as I hinted a few times, I have a project in it. So here is a sneaky little peak. The brief was to design a vintage teddy bear. I thought I would go a little circusy with it. So here he is above (in a different wool) and below… 
I had such a lot of fun with it and the boys were very pleased as they both ended up with a new toy.
I've just finished reading 'Dreamquake' by Elizabeth Knox, the sequel to 'Dreamhunter' and am feeling glossily satisfied from having had such a great read. I love when an intricate plot is set up and then  manages to answer everything at the end. It is for teenagers (which never puts me off) but I have come away with so many thoughts to chew over which is always a wonderful result.
Now to choose the next one. Fortunately I have a pretty great pile at the moment. What are you reading at the moment for your summer/winter.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

9 comments:

  1. Very cute bears Kate, and a big congrats for the article in the crochet mag!! I'm just about to start reading The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston -a nice little bit of escapism . Tina x (the rogue sparrow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the article. The bears are great.
    So glad all is better in your home.poor little chap.
    Happy New Year to you all.
    I love of Marriageable Age by Andrew Maas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Kate! I love your Teddies! Congratulations! I've had to cut back on magazines but I will have to treat myself to this one! Glad to hear Hugo is on the mend. Happy New Year to you my friend and to your lovely family. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kate! I was going to stay in today, but now I need to go out and forage for the magazine and then I can say that I "know" the person who wrote the article!

    Glad to hear that Hugo is on the mend, it is horrid when you are icky over Christmas. I hope that the new year brings good health to all your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad he's better - must be such a relief.

    I've just read One moment by Douglas Kennedy. Sooo good! Makes me want to visit Berlin again.

    Rachell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bears. Well done on getting an article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I just finished The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan and LOVED it! Mum wasn't so keen, but I think it's a must read. She found it jumped around a lot - there are different characters whose lives are featured - but I thought the characters were written so well, I didn't get confused.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate -

    Well done you!

    I have posted a link to the Tauranga Knitting Centre Facebook page - and also on there, a link to the magazine with a wee skite ;)

    Look forward to seeing you in store again soon. <3

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tauranga-Knitting-Centre/300474453339002

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation on getting the pattern published!

    The bears look so cute and like the perfect birthday present for my aunt who adores bears!

    I will try to get the copy of the magazine here in Germany! Fingers crossed!

    Take care,
    Anne

    P.S. I think I have been reading (= loving) you blog for some time but this is the first time I ever comment. Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails