Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blossom Rings

Once again this is Archie's hand holding a blossom. Yesterday morning I just had to escape from the world for a while so I began knitting leaves and flowers - the blossom was made by knitting a circle, embroidering the centre and running a line of yarn around the top which was then pulled to achieve the shape. It's good for the soul to have a blingless ring.
I am sick in bed at the moment... It's such a wasted bed-day being unwell. I would far rather pass a day in bed revelling in books and food than instead using them to console my fevered brow (it gets a bit messy), still, good to have an easy form of consolation I guess. I just hope Jonno comes home from town in time for lunch, the toast he makes is made with love itself and simultaneously warms the belly and the heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails