Thursday, September 2, 2010

Invitations, frog thoughts and crochet.


I still have to tuck the tails in - why oh why do I always put it off. Mock up wedding invitations have also been keeping my mind active and thinking of nicer things than itchy Archie's chicken pox... and potentially Hugo's that may flare up next week. Housework may have slowed down but craft is still happening.
I am hoping that the healing qualities of wool will help to heal Archie - note the basket next to him letting of vapours. Umm, yes, if you are wondering, we are all starting to go slightly around the twist.
Hence the huge doily/jug cover I have been working on for the last two nights. It comes from Susan Cropper's book 'Vintage Crochet'. The coasters pictured in the top photos were made in 8 ply cotton and taken from the same 'recipe'.
Right now the boys are watching "Muppet Treasure Island". It always gets me when Miss Piggy purrs to Long John Silver "Looooooooonnnggg John Silver". She really is quite a naughty pig-girl. I still have a bit of a crush on Kermit the Frog. He always reminded me of the most popular boy in our school who went on to become school captain. They have a lot in common, although it must be said, most pop. boy was much better looking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails