Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Crochet Bobble Trim Cowl.

It's cold here at the moment, the mountain range behind our house has seen snow this winter (a very rare occurrence) and I've been desperate for a new cowl to keep me warm in this frosty weather. I've mentioned previously that I did a bit of wool 'souvineering'  during our travels - it was quite a surprise at the end of the holidays to find our suitcase bulging with yarn. One skein that is a particular favourite (the blue one in the photo above) came from this shop (once again, a whole 'nother, 'nother post to do). It's from Ginger's own hand dyed collection, a 50% super wash merino and 50% silk mix. So pretty special. And it's taken me a few weeks to work out exactly what to do with it. I then chose a gorgeous tomato red from another collection as I adore these two colours together.
 I used a simple stitch as I felt that the wool was so luminous it didn't need to elaborately crocheted and then added this genius bobble trim from here. It's the most wonderful pattern and I am afraid that everything will now have bobbles attached. Can you imagine the boys in their fancy school jumpers?
The only problem was that the tomato red trim was scratchy. In fact, unbearably so which seemed very wrong when the cowl itself is like being wrapped up with kittens (maybe my neck is a bit sensitive). So, I unravelled the bobbles and began the trim again.
 This time with a bright spring mimosa. I love it even more and am tickled pink that our wattle tree is flowering at the moment with its yellow flowers against our blue winter sky.
Now, what to apply a trim to next....
Lots of love,
Kate.
p.s. The yellow wool comes from a shop in Germany but I can't remember it's name.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails