Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Craft Bomb Your Bike.... The Book!!!!

 Every day I keep running down to the mailbox (we're on a farm, it's not a quick dash) to see if my new book has arrived. I'm still waiting - it should be here any day now but I can't wait any longer to show you - "CRAFT BOMB YOUR BIKE: 20 Makes for you and your bike" - dahdah!!!
Late last year I was contacted by David & Charles Publishing to contribute some projects to their new book on bicycle craft. Of course I said yes immediately as you probably know by now that I have my own highly dressed bike which I love and adore.
 I was very lucky and had three projects accepted - handlebar birds, rabbit ears for basket and bunting with bells (which is most handy for preventing heart attacks in the unaware as they can hear you coming).
 The first three photos are from the book.
 This is the bunting before it was sent away - I can't wait to see what it looks like in the book - you can just make it out in the top left hand cover of the book.
 I adored making the birds, they were such a pleasure. I have a pair for my bike and I have to admit that the male wears a top hat. More photos for another day.
So hopefully in the next couple of days I will have a copy in my hot little hand and will be able to show you more photos. But in the meantime if you would like to order it yourself, it's available here and here.
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! The birds look amazing, such gorgeous colours. Love them on the fire surround - very versatile!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeee this is just gorgeous!! How exciting for you and such awesome projects! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations ! That'a very exciting for you ! The birds are so cute and beautiful ! Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks wonderful Kate. I LOVE your designs. CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely going to look for that book !!!
    Bunting I've already seen on bikes, but néver something so cute like the rabbit ears, nor like the birdies !! One of those two projects will go on my bike !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the birds and the rabbit ears, but I think that the birds are my favourite!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I love the birds and I know my daughter would too, I might just have to get that book! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love, love, love the birds!!! If only I had a bike!!! Congratulations on your imagination, it's just amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations for being in a book. Great!
    I can see why you dash every morning (would do the same)

    These bicycle birds are the most beautiful birdies I have ever seen crocheted!

    Brigitte from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOUR birds actually look like birds and are very pretty. Lovely in fact. I haven't seen any other good birds around and have been looking a while. Others I have seen are just awkward half circles with weird faces and beaks, so it is brilliant to have a proper pattern at last. I very much enjoy your designs which are very clever. I absolutely love Stanley too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - now I see what you meant about the next book adventure yesterday, Kate - this is awesome - I just love the birds! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to buy your lovely book too - it will be in my treasury of books till kingdom come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so wonderful! I love the birds, bit of a bird fan myself. My library has the book on order! So excited and placed a hold immediately. Love the blog, most inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kate! I bought the pattern for the birds in Etsy, but are having Problems with one part! I have asked in the etsy shop (sewandsouk) more than three times, but they haven't answered yet... i am making the birds for a present... is there any way to find help?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails