Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crochet Balls.


I don't know if you have noticed any balls floating around the periphery of my photos, but if you have, then you may be sensing they are fast becoming my latest obsession. The moment the boysies are in bed and a little bit of order has been hacked into our household wilderness, I head upstairs to the big, blue couch, reach for my hook and cottons and begin adding to the nicely growing pile.
Every second year we travel to Australia to have Christmas with my family which is the best thing in the world and so exciting for the boys, but also means lead up to the big day is extremely fraught. So on the other year, the kiwi Christmas, I like to take my time a little, enjoy being around friends and NZ family and relish in being able to have a tree.
The balls are part of this year's New Zealand celebration as I have decided to make a wreath of crocheted baubles which we (I) can enjoy for the entire festive season. Obviously I am anticipating it may take a while to come together, hence Christmas preparation in September. The good thing about making so many balls is that I am beginning to come up with my own version which I will post soon. In the mean time, I had better go back to the kitchen and finish cooking Jonno's birthday dinner which is the main celebration going on here today.
By the way, did I mention that when I flee upstairs, it is also to watch 'Bones' which Jonno and I are working through season by season. I am so obsessed that at the end of the day, I breathe a sigh of relief when Booth and Brennan appear on my screen. We are all such good friends and also forensic experts too. Actually, one of the things Jonno and I both like about it is that it focuses on bones rather than gore... a murder mystery show that doesn't put you off your snacks.

13 comments:

kellie said...

The colourful balls make a wonderful collection. Can't wait to see what you do with them. I'm a big 'Bones' fan too ~ love the books and the series.

M* (Melanie) said...

The balls look beautiful Kate. I like crocheting balls too but have been distracted with other things of late. Would love to see your own version of the pattern too.

Crafty Mermaid said...

Oh what a great colourful wonderful idea. I was sitting here reading your post and hoping that you would post a pattern. Now I just have to sit here patiently (you can't tell that I'm hopping up and down in excitement, can you?) and wait for the post. This'll be my second kiwi Christmas and I won't spend it at home again (too much travelling to do) but I do plan on getting some colour about the place and this could be just the ticket!

becclebee said...

such a great idea, i love your little crochet balls. and homemade christmas decorations are so fun.

CurlyPops said...

I can't believe its nearly christmas already.
I'm a Bones fan too!

Fernanda said...

Parabéns pelo blog, Lindo...

bjo, http://crochecolorido.blogspot.com/

Attic24 said...

Oh I am so in love with your balls lol!!!!
Are they stuffed Kate, or crocheted round something solid?? I also love the cotton you are using, it looks quite fine..need to try find me some of that here in the UK, I wonder what size hook you use?

Ahh Can't wait for the pattern and mroe details (no pressure, but hmmmmmm please hurry)...I think a wreath will be truly stunning.

Lxxxx

Megan said...

Bones rules.

Leonie Guld said...

I love BONES....do you think they'll end up together?...gee I'd like to see THAT!!!....then the show would most probably end......

Hey Great BALL's

Maria said...

Love the balls and can't wait to see them hanging. It's a great idea. Also a huge fan of Bones, but I did not like the season ending show in Australia, got bored and stopped watching it. So not like us

vanessa said...

So ambitious, I love it! It's like the bauble equivalent of making a blanket, and I cannot wait to see how it all turns out, to me, that is EXCITING! And I'm not joking in the least. You've been away, I've been away, now we're both back, and I can settle back into your wonderful world of colour and humor. I have to say, if you like Bones, I imagine I'll like it too........... must investigate.
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

Diablo III items said...

it is really my personal hornor to possess a look at your blog site,it is really good.

fifa coins said...

The actual vibrant golf balls create a fantastic selection. Cannot wait around to determine that which you perform together. I am a large 'Bones' enthusiast as well ~ adore the actual publications and also the sequence.

fifa 14 coins
lol boosting
buy fifa 14 coins

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails