Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Things!

This is the hand of my new next door neighbour... well new to me anyway. We have actually been living next door to each other for three years and have never met (we are in the country - very long driveways) which is terrible when I stop to think about it but so wonderful now that it has happened. It turns out that we both are obsessed with making things - crafting, sewing, crochet, knitting painting, jewellery making, etc, etc, etc and we have both been at home for the past few years with our heads down, completely oblivious to the fact that we could have been crocheting together!!! This morning was our first cup of tea and it was lovely. She didn't even mind that I insisted on photographing her ring and necklace THAT SHE MADE ALL BY HERSELF!!! Don't you love them... AND it turns out her favourite animals are rabbits AND she used to have a house rabbit too.
Her bird's nest necklace!!!!!
AND a velvet pinafore!!!

And while my new neighbour and I were drinking tea and crocheting, my parcel from Happy Supplies finally arrived. I have been running to check the mail every lunch time for the past three weeks. Very happy am I.


So many things to make and do.
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

13 comments:

Crafty Mermaid said...

Wow! That ring is great! Great to have such a talented neighbour. Oh and I loved your crochet balloon recently but didn't get a chance to comment at the time! Its very creative up your way! :)

Jacquie said...

Hi Kate that's such a happy story. So lovely to have found a crafty friend near you .
Her jewellery and pinafore are stunning :0)
Jacquie x

Bobo Bun said...

What bliss to have a crafty neighbour. Lucky you for finding each other at last. Her ring had me sighing with delight before I knew she had even made it. Such a gorgeous idea.

Definately off to check out the button supplier.

bibbitybob said...

I love your neighbour's jewellery, here's to a future friendship xx

pleasepickupyoursocks said...

I love everything! That nest necklace is so beautiful!

kirsty said...

What a lovely post! Your clever neighbour's jewellery is gorgeous!

barbara fetcher said...

Hey I made your little bunny and I posted what mine looks like on my blog so check it out at: www.kraftycrochet.blogspot.com

dominique said...

Ha ha! Now I'm cyber-stalking you! What a lot of lovely comments, makes me feel very inspired. This new-fangled blog contraption might be a good idea after all. I will find a photo of me that isn't too hideous. See you soon xxx

dominique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dominique said...

that comment was removed because I can't operate this device and managed to post the thing twice...duh!

Clare said...

hi kate, i read your blog all the time but am abit of a technophobe and have just worked out how to follow your blog and leave a message, loved your crochet ball wreath and really want to have a go at making it. your birthday cake looked amazing, i love banana cake, yours looked so dark and sticky, could you share the recipe please
lots of love clare

do you mind if i knit said...

Oh wow Kate, you've both had tremendous quality people on your doorsteps and you didn't know each other existed!!!!!!!!! What a revelation this meeting must have been for both of you! I'm almost as excited for you as you are for both of you! I think great things will come of this new friendship. And she's a fellow lover of rabbits! Perhaps we should start a rabbit loving club? And I have to say, I love her jwellery, LOVE it! Does she have an on-line shop? I think she looks like a very cool person indeed. So glad we've all sort-of met her too. Love Vanessa xxx

Buy D3 Gold said...

Fantastic menu! I've commenced producing my own clothes cleaning soap just not too long ago : and love it : try not to have a very pretreatment bottle of spray -- These are Simple ingredients and i am likely to offer vid try out!!! Thank you for putting up that! GW2 Gems
Mists of Pandaria MoP Key

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails