Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Birthday Parties and Things.





Well, another birthday party is down for the year. This year we kept it pretty low key for Archie, three friends, bowling, d.v.d.'s, endless bowls of chips and popcorn and lots of lollies. Oh yes, and for the first time, sleeping over. It all went well, eight year old boys are one of my very favourite kind of things - easy to keep happy as long as they are well fed. And the cake was a joy - Archie decided that he want a simple mud cake which he could then decorate with his Lego. After last year's castle, it was a dream.
I couldn't resist adding a couple of pretty photos too. The last few roses are quickly emerging before winter begins (11 days), they are so precious. The calendula was given to me by my mother-in-law. I love the pale creamy yellowness of it, it is such a warm colour.
Have a cosy night, I am going to catch up with the first episode of Grey's Anatomy for the season tonight. Jonno went off it during last year's season finale so I now watch it on Cub night. I do love a night to myself (but if you are reading this Jonno, nights when you are there are the best of all).
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails