Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day.

This is me with my mum. From the looks of it, I have just woken up from a nap at the height of summer and had some much needed wake up cuddles... Hugo always needs a lot of cuddling to reenter the world after a good sleep so I guess it's easy enough to work out where that comes from.
Happy Mother's day Mum. I hope you know how much I love you and how I feel have won the lottery by having you as my mum. Thank you so much for sharing everything you love so much with me like books and painting and sewing and drinking tea and talking on the phone and enjoying a good mystery on t.v. and gardening and peace and knitting and exploring new things like crochet with me. I am very lucky to have you.
On other fronts it was Mother's day for me too. The boys (big and small) spoilt me thoroughly with beautiful cards, homemade presents (I will show you tomorrow), a wonderful new teapot and cups AND a waffle maker. I have been hankering for a waffle maker for years. My granny used to make them for me when I was little and it was always such a special thing. I can only ever remember sitting at the table on my own because I used to get up so early and feeling so excited that I was the only one at the table and the waffles were just for me. I am sure everyone else must have had them too as Mum and I were only just talking about them this morning and she thought they were delicious too (I just can't remember her being at the table with me). Funny, as I write this I can smell the spicy sweetness of my first 'Wintersweet' flower (otherwise known as 'Spice Bush' or Chimonanthus praecox - I did do horticulture at uni don't you know...) for the season and is Mum and Granny's favourite flower for this time of year.
It can just be seen peeking behind one of my last roses of the season.
I have had a lovely time today, lots of snoozing, reading and eating and even managed to think about paper cutting.
And I had some sewingy thoughts too. I have just bought Macbook (wahooooo) and thought I had better make a cover for it from this Cath Kidston oilcloth which has been in my cupboard for ages. And then for a bit of padding, I am thinking I really should crochet it an outer cover too.... to keep it warm for the winter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails