Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Last Day of Autumn.


Suddenly it is not hard to believe today is the last day of Autumn. There is still a little bit of warmth in the air when the sun is out, but as soon as it sneaks away, the air becomes icy. Thank goodness I have finished knitting my new hot water bottle just in time for cold feet. Tomorrow I will include some knitting notes as I have to go back and find the pattern I used.
We have been lighting fires again. The boys decided to bring the big beanbag in for fireside snuggling. It is heaven to curl up on but I have tripped up on it a few times today... all worth it though to know I can sink into it at anytime with cushions and blankets waiting for me (if any newcomers are wondering, the crochet hexagon pattern comes from Lucy at Attic24 - she writes the best crochet recipes.
Stories by the fire. I am so happy to be a day away from winter.
Hugo just came up to me and told me he has the same name as Father Christmas. Apparently the great man himself visited Hugo and told him his true name. Who would have thunk it.
I'm a bit tired tonight, I went into school today and taught Archie's class to felt. I told them that to be good at felting, you must enjoy frightening the living daylights out of wool and also be very violent. It was hilarious watching them roar as they pounded on their wool. Let me tell you, a class of 7 and 8 year olds make wonderful little felt hammers. Hopefully I will get a good photo of their work in the next couple of days. As Jonno would say, toodleloo xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails