Friday, May 20, 2011

Donuts Anyone?



Oh my giddy aunt, I have just found the best free pattern for donuts ever! I couldn't get my head round the way they were made ('scuse the pun) and was overjoyed when I found a pattern that was simple and beautiful.
I can't stop making them which is just as well because I have a neice turning 1 soon and I thought I might make a picnic set that I can add to over the years. I was looking at a photo of her the other day and noticed how very sharp her new teeth are so I might suggest they live as decorations for a year or two on a shelf to prevent her nipping through the wool.
Hugo was awake from 4.15am feeling very cold and hungry this morning (time to put blankets back onto the bed) and was wrecked by the time breakfast came. So, I kept him at home for a snuggly day and he was so thrilled to have some one on one day that the inner clown came out.
He made me do this photo shoot with him!!! I didn't mind though....
Oh yes, since our Autumnal trip to Eastwoodhill Arboretum, I have been thinking a lot about fungi and their shapes and of course... what starts off as a thought at the moment often ends up on a hook.

Here is Hugo - or should I say Chinky the pixie from Enid Blyton's 'Wishing Chair' books. Jonno makes him put up his hood and pop out his ears. We did have fun with this little fellow today. (And he had an enormous rest so it wasn't all photo shoots and crocheted food).
Have a lovely weekend. We have Archie and Hugos' Poppa's birthday dinner on the weekend, a smattering of gardening, a bit of crochet and litres of tea drinking planned.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails