Friday, May 20, 2011

Donuts Anyone?



Oh my giddy aunt, I have just found the best free pattern for donuts ever! I couldn't get my head round the way they were made ('scuse the pun) and was overjoyed when I found a pattern that was simple and beautiful.
I can't stop making them which is just as well because I have a neice turning 1 soon and I thought I might make a picnic set that I can add to over the years. I was looking at a photo of her the other day and noticed how very sharp her new teeth are so I might suggest they live as decorations for a year or two on a shelf to prevent her nipping through the wool.
Hugo was awake from 4.15am feeling very cold and hungry this morning (time to put blankets back onto the bed) and was wrecked by the time breakfast came. So, I kept him at home for a snuggly day and he was so thrilled to have some one on one day that the inner clown came out.
He made me do this photo shoot with him!!! I didn't mind though....
Oh yes, since our Autumnal trip to Eastwoodhill Arboretum, I have been thinking a lot about fungi and their shapes and of course... what starts off as a thought at the moment often ends up on a hook.

Here is Hugo - or should I say Chinky the pixie from Enid Blyton's 'Wishing Chair' books. Jonno makes him put up his hood and pop out his ears. We did have fun with this little fellow today. (And he had an enormous rest so it wasn't all photo shoots and crocheted food).
Have a lovely weekend. We have Archie and Hugos' Poppa's birthday dinner on the weekend, a smattering of gardening, a bit of crochet and litres of tea drinking planned.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

11 comments:

Hen said...

I love your crocheted toadstool, Kate, and also those donuts. You've been busy! Thanks so much for your comment re my nan. I always find it strange at this time of year as when I read blogs from down under, you're going into Autumn and we're facing Summer, it seems strange to read of blankets on beds. I've had months to get used to you having all the good weather! Hope little one is fighting fit soon.
Hen x

Jen said...

Hmmm, not sure that I could resist a little nibble on those donuts!
And those toadstools are super cute - perfect for some little fairies to live under!

Ruth said...

Love the toadstools and the donuts!

Emily said...

Brilliant! I love those doughnuts - they actually look edible!
Cuddly days at home are definitely called for once in a while, aren't they?
Enjoy your weekend
Emily x

Bobo Bun said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Looks like you had fun with a stolen day together, they're the best aren't they.

Sally said...

How lovely, thanks Kate, thats something else for me to add to my project list, I'm printing out the instructions now! I think I'm going to have lots of fun sewing beads and allsorts to the icing!

Hootnz said...

Love the donuts! And what a nice opportunity to have one on one time with your boy :)

liz said...

Fabulous donuts. Love them. :) Liz

Rosie said...

Those donuts are fab!

monkeemoomoo said...

Love those donuts!!! I have crochet envy, my cousin is teaching herself at the moment via you tube. I might have to get her to show me how. I'll tell her about this donut pattern.

Thanks for sharing:)

Steffie said...

Soooo sweet!

Best wishes from Germany!
Steffie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails