Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Quick Crochet Star Pattern.

I thought as a last little Christmas present I would jot down a new star pattern that I've been working on. Being the eve before the eve I won't do a post with lots of how to photos - just the nitty-gritty directions. But before I do... here are a couple more photos.
A shy snowman...
And a named reindeer - Hugo though Fluffy was appropriate and was very happy to make it official for me.
Now for the star pattern...

Christmas Star.

Abbreviations (U.S.) :
slst - slip stitch
st - stitch
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
trbc - treble crochet

Round 1. Chain 2, the 5 sc into the 2nd ch from the hook. Slst into the 1st sc to make a circle.
Round 2. 2sc into every st until the end of the round. (10)
Round 3. 2sc into every st until the end of the round. (20)
Round 4. *Working into the first stitch, 2dc then 1 trbc. The next part forms a picot stitch at the top of star's point - ch3 then slst back into the 1st ch. Trbc once back down into the same stitch (as the first 2dc and 1trbc) then 2 dc. Skip a stitch then slst into the next stitch. Skip anoather stitch then repeat from * 4 more times. Bind off and then use your fingers to gently pinch and shape the points to make them extra pointy.
N.B. It is very important to make sure you are only working into every second stitch and not accidentally skipping more (this is very easy to do).
I hope this makes sense. I have had a ginormous day - as I am sure everybody does at this time of year - and my brain is feeling pretty foggy. Please ask if any parts are unclear.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.
P.S. In the photo above I finished the star by single crocheting around the edge to give it a sparkle - I haven't included that step in the instructions but if you want to sc into every straight stitch and 3sc into the points.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails