Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Trip to the Library.

 We seem to have fallen into the habit of visiting the town library every Saturday morning. 
 I used to go during the week when the boys were at school. They were happy for me to gather a large pile for each for them however, things have chagned. These days I can no longer carry all of the books required for the household on my own.
Fiction, non-fiction, talking books, magazines, c.d.s and even the odd d.v.d make their way home from our library which bulges with the most incredible selection of books. Sometimes I think that New Zealand is pretty lucky not having an airforce or space program as it means that so much more money can be channeled towards libraries. And of course my overdue fines are a huge resource for the country too.
Today turned out to be pretty special... 10 books I had on hold were ready to pick up -exciting in the extreme and then..... I FOUND A WHOLE TROLLEY OF BRAND NEW NON-FICTION BOOKS WAITING TO BE SHELVED. Oh my lucky day!!!!!!
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxxoo.
p.s. This stack represents my non-fiction selection - there is a whole 'nother' metre of fiction waiting for me to crack their spines!!!!! It was a good day at the library indeed.

15 comments:

  1. How could I come and visit you and talk and read and make?? There would have to be separate visits for each, perhaps I could just stay at the library?! Hmmmm, instead I will just have to make note of these books and borrow them from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have serious book envy. All those books look so enticing to me. Going to the library has to be one of the most exciting things in my week, the chance of seeing something new, chatting to the friendly staff or picking up items on hold. Enjoy those books and I hope it will be done sitting on a comfy couch, cuddled up in a blanket with a hot cuppa. Happy reading Kate.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you need your own trolley to get your haul home.

    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! So important to go to the library, and so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my librbay too Kate, yours looks like it has an amazing selection of delicious books...oh the possibilities xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm jealous! Your library has so much better books than mine. I have been going more, though, since summer's started. It's wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your book piles look like mine - nothing better than all your holds arriving at once. Happy reading, creating and cooking from thelooks of things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky lady! Here libraries are being pared to the bone, with weekend closures so no Saturday morning free browsing for us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your choice of books is inspiring. Suddenly I'm desperate to get my hands on half of them! I'll certainly look for some of them. Simon Rimmer's 'Men Like Pies, Girls Like Hummus' made me smile - he is on UK TV on Sunday mornings, my late Father and I used to enjoy watching it together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your choice of books is inspiring. Suddenly I'm desperate to get my hands on half of them! I'll certainly look for some of them. Simon Rimmer's 'Men Like Pies, Girls Like Hummus' made me smile - he is on UK TV on Sunday mornings, my late Father and I used to enjoy watching it together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. dear Kate
    enjoy those wonderful looking books!
    I can really recommend Sarah's Turnbull's new book ...

    happy reading
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like you I love gathering up a collection from the library. When the girls were both at primary we used to go once a week after school. Now we hardly get a chance as I have to dash straight to high school. It has been a lot cheaper though as we also run up huge fines which would have bought us quite a few books to keep to be honest.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to my local library this week to get some history and photograph books on canals this week. I'm pleased to find that we can take out 20 books at a time!

    I really enjoy what you've borrow, keep posting these type of photos to satisfy my nosiness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear typos abound the above, sorry. I think it makes sense sort of - I like seeing the books you borrow etc etc. Did you get that I went to mine THIS WEEK at all? xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails