Thursday, October 9, 2014

Crocheting with the Boys.

 Today a dream came true, Hugo learnt how to crochet. He still has a long way to go but the 'click' happened for him. Wahoo! Sitting at the table with my two boys while we had hot drinks and crocheted was beyond my wildest dreams. I'm still smiling all these hours later.
Yesterday my neighbour popped by with her new book by Mr. Finch and the teeniest, tiniest plate of macarons ever.  By the way, the book is utterly sublime and if you ever have the chance to read it, seize it. No patterns but amazing photography of his work so far. I tried to hide the book so it could live with us but to no avail..... I can't wait to see it again. 
Archie made a little crochet kite this morning. He thinks it would be a wonderful project for beginners so we will write the pattern up at some stage together and post it.
Crochet can be pretty intense you know....
Lots and lots of love,
Kate. xxooxx.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,
    It sounds fun, sitting with your boys and teaching them crochet! I'm sure some of your creativity will 'rub off' on them, seeing all the things you are making!
    Have fun!!!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thats great that you are traching them to crochet! Oh my, those tiny macaroons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful! I was the same way when one of my daughters fell for crochet, I can just imagine how over the moon you are with your boys interest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Archie's photos are just great :-) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Perhaps Hugo might have better luck teaching Soph than I have?! And of course it's not easy having a left-handed mum teaching a right-handed daughter either!! Will ring soon. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boys have a great teacher :)
    It is wonderful when you see the 'click'. I home schooled 3 of my girls and it was amazing to see it happen!
    Maybe Stanley can have a kite adventure, hint, hint :)
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic that your boys are crocheting! That plate of macarons is amazing too! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails