Friday, October 10, 2014

It's My Birthday (and I can play with Lego if I want to....).

Today is my birthday. Yay. It's a quiet one this year, so many exciting things have happened over the past 12 months that a low key celebration is absolutely sublime. In fact, it's such a quiet one that I am blogging at the moment rather than out at the movies with Jonno (the calves escaped down to the estuary so we had a change of plans). The boys departed at lunch time for a weekend of adventure with their grandparents and cousins, so this weekend will be about getting my studio back in order. I so hope I have some wonderful photos to take of it by Sunday.
Considering that we are only catching up with a few friends over the weekend, Jonno and I will also be eating a lot of cake. This year I made a hummingbird cake with lemon cream cheese icing for the top and raspberry cream cheese icing for the centre. It is so, so, so delicious - hopefully the boys won't be expecting anything upon their return.
 I'm also feeling the luckiest person in the world as the boys gave me this Lego ice-cream truck that I've been beside myself over. It is utterly inspirational and I can't wait to crochet something similar. Have you ever seen such a Lego-ey piece of art!
 Beautiful birthday table.
 My new birthday mug - thank you Gaga and Pa! The tea tastes particularly scrumptious!
 New birthday books - reviews next week!
Archie being oh-so-helpful. What a boy!
Lots and lots of love,
Kate. xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails