Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Decorations… part 1.

 It really is the season you know, not just to be jolly, but really, really busy.  After arriving back in Australia I have been rushed off my feet with work which is something I don't always get to write… I held my annual Christmas studio sale which had a lot of build up to but I was also working on a couple of other things. Magazine stuff which I wrote about last post and then (ta-dah) David & Charles publishing in England are working on a craft book and wondered if I would like to contribute some patterns - wahoo. I have three that are coming out in the book and I will tell you more as soon as I am allowed.
 As a result of all this, I have only just put up advent(y) stuff today for the boys. Paperbag/washi tape houses. Inside are all sorts of chocolatey things and I can't wait for them to come home from school and camp to see them. We haven't decorated the tree yet as Archie has been away for the week and I promised him we would wait even though we bought it on Wednesday. Can you imagine the torture. An undecorated tree!!!!!


 To control my tree festooning impulses, I made a washi tape version on the sliding door using sale stars for bling.

It's quite hard to photograph being back lit but you get the gist of it.
I can't wait to hear all about camp, but almost as much… I can't wait to start decorating the tree. At least the house smells nice and piney in the meantime.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

9 comments:

  1. I've missed so much! What a colourful time you've been having, love those Indian headsets! And I love how you are decorating your home this year! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time Kate. Love and hugs to you and your boys xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the Washi mobile Christmas tree...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bags made into little houses, what I sweet idea, your washi tape tree is such a good idea too, we once had a tree outline made from tinsel instead of a real tree, which was easier!
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea the advent bags is! It makes my candle look very a bit boring ;-)
    Xx
    Rachell

    ReplyDelete
  6. The christmas tree is wonderful - and it looks great in the photos! - and so are the advent houses. Good luck with your book project, I hope that it goes really well for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for the Christmas tree on the door... Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found a lot of inspiration on your post! What a lovely decorations!
    We have something in common: we share from our creations for Christmas occasion.
    Please come and visit my blog.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you must watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails