Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Boys' Own South Island Adventure



They are back!!! Yesterday afternoon in a sheen of rain, the ute hauled its way up the drive, covered in South Island dirt and adventure. Two weary travellers hopped out, with road trip debris, avalanching from their open doors. Yes, Jonno and Archie returned to the family fold. Archie was the photographer for the trip and showed me his photos the moment he was inside. I love his perspective, they are so evocative. I know I am the mother and I am bragging but isn't the top one amazing, he really lets us see what it is like to be six, on the road and with the best dad in the world. By the way, the audiobook peeking in front of Archie's knees is "Swallows and Amazons" which he avidly listened to throughout the trip.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails