Friday, May 8, 2009

Old School Roses

These roses are old school. Not as in being an old fashioned variety, but rather, those fantastic roses bred during the 1960's -70's just for their bloom alone. Big, beautiful, fat heads bursting with fragrance and covered with gigantic thorns on their long, strong stems. No politically correct David Austens' (though I do like them) trying to introduce an attractive bushiness into the deal, just an honesty where it is all about the rose. I love them. This bunch was a present from Auntymum and her mama where I went for a lush morning tea yesterday. Belinda did such a great job I didn't even eat lunch, keep in mind there was the best gluten-free carrot cake I have ever gorged upon (picture me lying on the kitchen floor swallowing it whole like a snake) and there was even an extra bowl of cream cheese icing which to me spells l-o-v-e.

3 comments:

Lucy Bowler said...

They are beautiful. Love the pics too. Good to speak earlier on, proves we haven't forgotten how!!

Mel said...

These roses are beautiful! My garden is all native plants which I love but they are not as colourful as the English imports. I think I need a bed of roses!

Kate Bruning said...

Sometimes you just need roses to pick.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails