Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crocheting a Teapot.

Well, I started off crocheting a big, slightly flattened ball - I used a new trick where I cut a plastic circle and put it on the bottom before filling it with stuffing. This means that it sits really well on any surface. I did the same thing at the top with a jam jar lid and then covered it with a brown crochet circle so it looked like it was full of tea.
Then I added a lid.
A spout.
And a handle (I inserted a pipe cleaner for added strength).
Voila, a teapot.
I have a new little niece called Lulu and I thought she might be in desperate need of a teapot being a newborn and all and unable to buy one for herself. Usually I don't put up photos of presents until I know the person has received it, but, I honestly don't think she will be looking at the blog. I can't wait to finish the tea set for her. Hurrah for Lulu! May she become a passionate tea drinker too!!!!!

17 comments:

melissa said...

That teapot is so gorgeous, Im sure Lulu will love it!

kirsty said...

Gosh, I am in love! What a fantastic job you've done on it, and the colours look wonderful together and are so vibrant. What is the yarn you are using?

x

Cotton Kiwi said...

Oh that is just gorgeous! You should make some more and sell them on Felt. They'd go like hotcakes.

Hen said...

Oh you're so clever, I LOVE this! My sister is a tea addict, she'd love one of these (bit older than Lulu!)
Hen x

Amanda said...

This is fabulous! You're so clever! Love. Amanda xxx

Aunty Mum said...

It's gorgeous Kate. You're so inspiring with you're fabulous ideas, and amazing ability to put them into reality. I'm in awe!

Krawuggl said...

Your teapot is completely cute, love it a lot and I am sure that Lulu will love it. What a lovely thought of her, inviting her doll friends then to tea and cake.

Rosie said...

Oh wow,that's beautiful. Clever you!x

French Knots said...

Goodness that is amazing, perfect for tea parties when she's a bit older.

snoopydog said...

Oh that's so sweet. What a lovely idea. I look forward to popping back to see the finished set. Have a great weekend! Ros

do you mind if i knit said...

I love things like this, things that add a little magic to your life, just for being there,and being beautiful. What a wonderful gift for a newborn, something she'll carry through life with her, I can see her taking it to college, through life, and passing it on to someone she cares for, It's special, Kate. Love Vanessa xxx

Elaine said...

teapot looks amazing - just found your blog, i Love it!

Claudia said...

It´s lovely!! :)

ArtesanĂ­as en lanas e hilos said...

Beautiful teapot, the wove fine! congratulations!
Kiss
Xime

Cheap RS Gold said...

Your teapot is absolutely cute, adulation it a lot and I am abiding that Lulu will adulation it. What a admirable anticipation of her, agreeable her baby accompany again to tea and cake.

Seacanoeist Mark said...

I liked your article, I will share your article to everyone!!




WoW gold|Diablo 3 Gold|RS Gold|Cheap Diablo 3 Gold

buy cheap fifa coins said...

Your own teapot is totally adorable, like it a great deal as well as I am certain which Lulu will like this. Such a beautiful considered the woman's, welcoming the woman's toy buddies after that in order to teas as well as dessert.

cheap fifa coins
elo boosting
cheap fut coins

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails