Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Winter...

I don't know if you have heard, but New Zealand is in the middle of an Antarctic blast, with unprecedented snowfalls even in Tauranga.
The skies are blue and the air is so fresh and clean that I have been doing all sorts of wholesome things like feeding chooks and rabbits, collecting eggs, hanging washing in front of the fire, bringing in arm loads of wood, picking little vases of Daphne and cooking smoked fish pies. The sorts of things I do on other days... but somehow seem more dramatic in this cold, beautiful weather.
When Archie woke this morning, he gathered as many blankets as he could find and snuggled up on the couch until his pie was cooked (that's what his little tummy requires to start the day - I think it's great).
By the way, this is one of my all time favourite Liberty prints.
Even the Japonica is flowering!!! It's just so wintry.
Now, you might be wondering what the boys are staring at, reaching out into the world wide web and discovering something new and life altering and awe inspiring. Two words... Crazy Frog. Grrrrrreeeaaaaat (please note, excessive sarcasm needs to be inserted into the 'great').
Off for a cozy night on the big blue couch with Jonno and a bit of 'Who do you Think you Are'.
lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

15 comments:

greenthumb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda Makes said...

Sounds HEAVENLY! Your cushions and blankys look so inviting. Can I come over for a little recuperation and some of that fish pie? xxx

Світлана said...

what a colorful post!

wendy hill said...

I Love, Love, okay Adore your couch!
It doesnt look that wintry there with all that gorgeous colour happening!

Meg said...

stay warm! I lived in Christchurch for a bit, and can't believe the photos I've been seeing! Hope the children are loving the snow!

Bungalowgirl said...

Loving all the colours and crochet and knitting in your home. Thanks for sharing.x

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Snowy days are the best! We are just about to wrap up summer and head into fall here. Jealous of your lovely winter. ;-) Happy day to you!

Karen said...

Fourteen years ago today my lovely boy Fergus was born in Wellington - a kind friend brought sprigs of Daphne into the hospital for me and the scent will always remind me of that time. Enjoy the snow x

paula said...

Snow in August . . . how I would love ttat, but, here in Western New York, USA, we are still oin the heat of summer . . . not as hot as last week . . and, so far today, no need for air conditioning . .YEAH!

Love your blog . . . so fresh and interesting.

Stacey said...

I love your kitcheny bookshelf! Not only beautiful but appropriate too: mexican food is exactly what you need for keeping warm ;)

Anonymous said...

Can I ask where you got your beautiful polkadot table cloth/cover from? I love it, and have seen looking for some covering similar to yours, but no luck, I even tried Payless Plastics in Tauranga but still no luck with the polkadots :(

Bungalowgirl said...

Just thought your boys might like my post on geocaching- there are heaps of spots in NZ to go treasure hunting too. mel at bungalowbliss.blogspot.com

Planet Penny said...

I've been tempted by Jane Brocket's circular cushion, but I've got to finish her crochet blanket first! looks like you've got plenty to snuggle up in during the cold weather!

Ailsa said...

I have just discovered your beautiful blog! I am a Kiwi living in Australia! Keep up the great work!

WOW Gold said...

I adulation your kitcheny bookshelf! Not alone admirable but adapted too: mexican aliment is absolutely what you charge for befitting warm

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails