Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Good Places to Knit.

These summer holidays, my knitting has come everywhere with me. In the photo above we have just come out of a long tunnel filled with glow worms and stalactites and found ourselves at this amazing swimming hole. Where better to pull out morning tea and continue on with a knitting project....

This tunnel was at least fifty metres long which doesn't sound huge but being quite narrow and full of interesting things, it took a very long time for two little boys to walk through and examine everything. Glow worms are magical, they made it feel like we were walking through a space tunnel.
This is my current project, wrist warmers for a birthday present. I love how quickly they knit up.
Here we have a very crucial operation being undertaken - Ted Ted's tail being reattached with some specially selected gold thread. Hugo loves his little friend so much that he had to hold his paw (even though Ted Ted was under a general anesthetic at the time).
Joy.
And shared relief. I love how Hugo has to keep an eye on Ted Ted.
Still loving Summer - we had a wonderful swim today with lots and lots of waves caught (and released - we are very humane).
Better tootle (make that bike) on home and start dinner.
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

8 comments:

Aunty Mum said...

Kate, your holiday is blissful. Thank goodness you timed it for the great weather. Can't wait to catch up when you're settled home again!

sue said...

You look like you are having a perfect time, lots of adventuring and fun! Bliss.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog! ♥

Bungalowgirl said...

What a perfect combination of caving and crafting for you and your boys. enjoy your hols! melx

Bungalowgirl said...

What a perfect combination of caving and crafting for you and your boys. enjoy your hols! melx

Jennifer Edwards said...

Summer? You're having summer?? Oh, I'm so totally jealous! And your bike! How lovely and wonderful in its cozy crochet decor! I've visited your colorful spot in the blogosphere for a long time now...just love it!

Debbie said...

Hi Kate, I got here from Lucy's Attic24 blog. I love your little triangle bunting and all your bicycle decorations! I've now put you in my google reader.

Attic24 said...

oh boy, I LOVE that you pedal out to get internet and blogtime. I can soooo see you on your bike, it makes me smile!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HollyM said...

That just sounds like a wonderful day! It almost makes me wish mine were little again, lol. (they are all grown up and gone form home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails