Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cosy Home...


So ridiculously good to be home again. I love holidays but I am such a homebody. Being able to sit at the kitchen table and knit, drink cups of tea in my own bed and cook in my kitchen. Little things that add the sparkle to every day.
By the way, here is a new jug I found on holidays at a second hand shop. It was an absolute bargain as there is a tiny chip on the spout - the sort of thing that all my stuff has anyway. I can't wait to fill it with daffodils in the spring.
And then there are the little welcome homes by favourite pot plants. I love this geranium so much. The colour isn't quite accurate, it (she) is much more salmony. 
I have to admit that I am struggling with the new blogspot format so I hope this post comes out well.  
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

11 comments:

silly old suitcase said...

Nice pics!
I'm totally into knitting again
at the moment, just easy peasy knitting in fresh colours...
Your cables look perfect! i like that about knitting, the effect of all those beautiful stitches.
Geraniums are so sweet.

have a nice weekend!

Truly Myrtle said...

Welcome home. I know just what you mean - little pleasures. Love your jug with it's pink Dahlias! Delicious.
I'm still looking forward to seeing more of your new dress from Dunedin :)

Amanda Makes said...

Welcome home chickadee! So glad you had a good time! xxx

Lily said...

I have a jug the same - do you know its called Cornish china and is inspired by the blue seas and white frothy surf in Cornwall. (Blue sea - haha its often more like grey but I suppose that is less romantic!) The knitting is a lovely colour. Have a great weekend. Lily. xxx

Nicole said...

What beautiful cables :-)

sue said...

Perfect post Kate, I agree it's very lovely to go on holiday but how wonderful to come home and just feel ahhhhh!

snoopydog said...

I agree. I also love holidays, but am always glad to be home. Love your pretty little jug and gorgeous flowery pics. Ros

Catherine Flynn said...

I love the jug, and more so your amazing eye for colour. I feel like I'm breathing blues and pinks on a grey dismal day which makes it well worth the visit to your world. :-)

joshy and belle said...

Oh lovely colour wool, what are you making? I've got that stripy jug too and mine has a chip on the spout too!!! Fliss xxx

Madeleine said...

What are you working on here? :) The color is amazing!

Crystal Saga Gold said...

Such a nice post, I enjoyed it a lot! I like your sense of style! Wonderful photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails