Monday, April 30, 2012

Very Serious Cowl Wearing Photos....

 Over the weekend I knitted a cowl for myself. It was one of the quickest and most satisfying projects I have made. Big, bulky knits are great!!! To get a thick enough texture, I used two balls of wool at once - a 10 ply and 12 ply mix = 22 ply on 8mm needles.
Jonno was very obliging to take a couple of photos this morning. I don't know why I was so serious, maybe cowls are not to be taken lightly.
This morning is a flurried excitement with readying the spare room/studio for Mum's arrival from Australia this afternoon. I can't wait.... well, I can wait long enough to get rid of a few gangrenous spots in the house and then I'm ALL READY!!!!
Have a great day and hopefully I can show you photos of a finished baby jumper tomorrow.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

7 comments:

Truly Myrtle said...

Very lovely cowl - it looks so squishy - did you follow a pattern?

Lily said...

Its so much fun when your parents visit. Hope you have alovely time. Lily. xxx

joshy and belle said...

I love you cowl!!! Fliss xxx

joshy and belle said...

Oh dear that last comment went a bit wrong, it should say I love your cowl!!!! Xxxxx

Stephanie Bass said...

Seriously lovely. Love the look of big bulky knits too. The look so cozy.

Stephanie
wwwbassability.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Hi Kate, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Kate said...

Oh I just cast off a cream chunky cowl too.
So lovely and warm.
So gorgeous to check back in after all this time.
Hope the Mum visit has been afun one. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails