Saturday, April 14, 2012

South Islanding.

It's been a little while since I have been able to swing by the blog and that is because I am now in the South Island on holidays!!!! Archie and I flew down to Christchurch on Easter Monday leaving our house and all of our animals in capable hands (I still felt a little teary saying goodbye to Bertie...) and were reunited with Jonno and Hugo!!!
Over the past week we have had many adventures including playing on the Moeraki Boulders (or Devil's Marbles), penguin watching (we hid in the 'hide' below), seal spotting and looking at stuff - always a favourite.

This is the camping ground we stayed in at Moeraki, just opposite the famous Fleur's Place. We are so lucky because Jonno's parents let us use their motorhome - we love it. See how friendly it looks, smiling as the boys return to it.
We also visited Lanarch Castle in Dunedin. The boys took this photo for me as I couldn't make it up the last rickety staircase (due to childhood terrors - I'll explain another day). The views from the top were spectacular - or so they tell me.
But fortunately so were the grounds with beautiful gardens and amazing vistas. Here is Hugo pretending to sit on a box hedge....
Don't you think every garden needs a cow like this. It sort of reminds me of a Tove Jansson creation.
Side view of the castle...
Hanging out with Alice.
Viewing views.
Admiring stuff.
And being forced midway through a fight to pose in a crocus meadow - I can't remember if it was a threat or a bribe that made them put pleasant expressions on...
With my boys in one of my new dresses made from flannelette - very cosy for freezing Dunedin.
Well, I had better fly as my time is almost up - not time to even go back and correct any mistakes so please read with gentle eyes.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails