Friday, April 27, 2012

Designing a Jumper.

 I'm embarking on a new stage in my creative life - designing a baby's jumper. I always have such a strong vision for how the boys' jumpers should look (they really don't care - their favourite kind of clothing is made from flannel and begins with p-y-j) and it then takes 70 years of research to match up a pattern. The baby jumper is not for them - but it is a good exercise to begin with... also very quick.
 I want this jumper to have the neckline of a singlet - I've always had a bit of a thing for this look. The stripes of course are a family favourite but it's also been a great way of row counting.

 The next step in the process was getting Baby Evelyn to model the unsewn version. I aimed for the sizing to be 3-6 months and it seems to be spot on. Still a little roomy but with not much to spare (she is 5 months).
 It's much easier to have someone help by pinning the helpless baby down.
 Otherwise this happens which of course is an unmitigated disaster.
And finally I have her knitted pants finished in time for Winter. She is very cuddly when she wears them. Mind you, she is cuddly in other clothes too.
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails