Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hot Water Bottling.

 It's funny how with the change of season, project ideas begin to evolve. Late Autumn every year, I always begin to make a few hot water bottles for family and friends. In the past they have been sewn, quilted and knitted. This year however, they are being crocheted. 
While I have been nutting out the pattern, I have been laid low with a cold. It is such a comforting thing to crochet while not feeling 100%. Mindless and nurturing at the same time.... hang on, I think that is probably how the boys would describe me at the moment too...
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.
p.s. The yarn bombing at school went well. I stayed at home to retain a bit of anonymity but I think they guessed anyway. Archie did his level best to deny all claims - bless his cotton socks.

13 comments:

  1. Love it - colours everything amazing! Did some mindless crochet myself yesterday - am on second row of the border!!!! Getting post ready now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is darn cute!!!
    hope you feel better, xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is lovely, and would be snuggley warm too. Hope you are feeling better, love Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  4. did the tree apples survive? love the hot water bottle cover -exactly the next project that I was planning on doing

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous Hot water bottle cover. I was gifted a lovely crochet cover recently and it makes it so much more snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous hottie cover, the fact that its crocheted, even better. Do hope your cold is better.
    Take care,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the yarn bomb went well x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable bottle cosy - hope you feel well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon. I love the hot water bottle cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wise lady, hot water bottles are ace (I own several sizes)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors! I would love for you to link this up at me new Feature Your Fibers link party!

    http://sarahndipities.indiemade.com/content/feature-your-fibers

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours. Mindless crochet is the best sort - I tend to over-think most things. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this could you let me know the patten please as i would love to make

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails