Sunday, September 7, 2014

Costumes for the Ball... and the Fate of the Crochet Caravan.

This costume was really supposed to be a macaroon tower but I ran out of time so it's more of a macaroon safety vest. Still, if you are ever feeling a bit tubby around the middle, it's a wonderful disguise.  If you have read my blog before, you may have picked up that I have been preparing for a school ball fundraiser for quite some time now. It was held last night and went of without a hitch. 
 It had a french theme so Jonno went as a frenchman (with a crochet snail which I am squashing) and I seized on the chance to wear a tutu and as many flowers as I could squeeze on without repeating my meadow costume.
So please excuse me for the selfies - it's just so exciting.... and I don't know about you but I am always so curious to see what bloggers look like. 
Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments of the crochet caravan. I am happy to say that it went for a really great price at the auction AND to a wonderful home so am feeling very lucky.
Lots and lots of love,
Kate. xxooxx.

10 comments:

  1. You two look adorable! Glad you had a great night, and I'm not surprised your caravan got a great price, it was superb! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,
    What fantastic costumes, thanks for the stunning photos. And you both look so happy! :) The macaroons must have taken ages to make! What a brilliant idea! I love your creativity!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a great night and that the caravan did so well! J looks very French and you look like a Macarening macaroon, gorgeous! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your costume is adorable! Too bad the macaroons aren't real:( Jonno does look like a French man and that snail is cute! Glad to hear the caravan helped out at the auction!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. the last picture…… love it!!!!!
    glad your caravan was well appreciated!!!!
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable! Yay for having a great time, dress-ups and happy caravans xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful costumes!

    I am happy that the caranvan got a good new home :-)

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun costumes! Of have worn tutu as well, very stylish!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails