Monday, September 1, 2014

A Front Cover!

While I was away, I missed out on the chance to blog about having a crochet headpiece that I designed on the cover of Simply Crochet magazine. The most exciting thing about it was seeing it in all the shops and supermarkets overseas.... And I was completely uncool about it too. I would point it out to people near me and say "That's me on the cover" and they would look with pity at me until I would say, "The headpiece - that's my headpiece".  The boys were pretty over it by the end.
 So here it is.


 Ready to be shipped to England in a snug egg container.
Et voila!
And guess what.... Archie is featured in this month's edition with his crochet AND Stanley gets a mention too!
Lots and lots of love,
Kate. xxooxx.

14 comments:

  1. How exciting to see your design on the front cover. It looks fabulous.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is totally awesome - well done on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That's exiting! Makes me look at the cover with new eyes really! :-) Congratulations!!

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate! Wooh!!! I'm so happy for you, that is fantastic! And what a lovely headband you made, you got every reason to be proud! Looking forward to the magazine, I will get my copy when I go to visit England this month!

    Have a great week!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful but I do think you should have been the model! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! Congrats on the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be singing out about it too! Looks great, I do love that magazine but it got a bit hit and miss with the shop saving it for me and I hated missing issues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so purdy and you're even more famous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha! I managed to get out to the big shopping centre near me for the first time in weeks for a browse and I was just looking through that mag this morning and I saw your name and pretty project! Then I come home, get online over lunch and there it is on your blog! Cool.
    Congratulations on making a front cover, you cover-girl, you! :-)
    What a thrill. Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done, I will have a look @ it then

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Kate!
    Can you let us know which issues of Simply Crochet you are published in please? Might have to try and track past issues down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations it is STUNNING.XX

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails