Monday, August 2, 2010

Couch Snuggling...


Archie was sick over the weekend and while he is now much recovered, he it still very pale around the gills and is so, staying at home today. We had a quick trip into town this morning getting lots of jobs done and included a trip to the wool shop so I can spend a bit of time on the couch snuggling with the boys and crocheting this afternoon.
With Archie's throat as sore as 'Dandelion Fire' (the book we have just finished reading), we have had lots of ice cream and lemonade spiders over the weekend. They are an amazing bit of chemistry aren't they. Maybe not very nutritional but certainly educational... so I tell myself.
Off to watch 'Planet 51' and 'Astro Boy'. Where is that hook...

11 comments:

Karen said...

Oh your crochet blanket is beautiful. Great colors and the I love the border.

** Anne ** said...

Thanks for sharing photos of your blankie in progress. It's lovely. Hope Archie is recovered soon and snuggles on the couch will certainly help! :-)
Regards
Anne

Leonie Guld said...

Awww...I hope he is feeling better, that blanket is SENSATIONAL and I am loving the new profile pic!!! xx

Julia said...

Just had to say your crochet blanket is beautiful! Love the edging too, really sets off the granny squares!

Much love
Julia x x x

Posy Linda said...

Looks like a fun snuggle is in the works. That blanket is a beauty! Hope your little one feels better in no time.

Katie Parker said...

Yes the border looks fabulous. There's nothing that makes you feel better than snuggling under a lovely blanket on the sofa!

Hearthandmade said...

i adore couch snuggling and your afghan looks beautiful! I have just learnt how to crochet and Im working on granny squares for ablanket. Its in slow progress but im enjoying it :)

Anonymous said...

When I was Archies age I found ice cream a great universal cure all.
No wonder I was always sick.
Thats why Doctors make medicne taste so nasty

Anonymous said...

redWhen I was Archies age I found ice cream a great universal cure all.
No wonder I was always sick.
Thats why Doctors make medicne taste so nasty

Amanda said...

Kate, your comment made me cry. Thank you, sweetheart. Your support means so much to me. I kind of know what you're saying is true but isn't it awful that a girl is about to find out that her Daddy isn't perfect? I feel awful. I just think I can't not do it....so thank you. Amanda xxx

needlekrafter said...

kate,
your blanket is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails