Friday, August 6, 2010

Yellow.



I love yellow. It gives life and warmth and joy. But it can be a difficult colour to use, particularly in a house. A smallish yellow room is always cosy, however, a big long room... not so much. So instead we have painted the french doors and bottom trim (as it travels around the room and up over the white doors) Sunbound yellow. Frank the Painter finished today and it looks like magic. The perfect living room for a big, blue couch... when the flooring, glass block windows and lighting are done... Wahoo.

7 comments:

Christina said...

I agree, the yellow works really well as an accent and adds warmth to the space! Can't wait to see it finished. :)

Jenny said...

Hi, I painted an entrance hall yellow which had a red carpet and it never failed to make me smile! so much so that I repeated it in the offices at work and it keeps us all in a good mood! forget those 'hint of a wimp' colours!!

Aubrey said...

IT IS PERFECT!!! I love it, it is just right!! From another yellow fan!! I can't wait to see it all. It is strange to see your post named 'yellow' as the last couple of days I have been thinking of doing a blog on yellow, for the same reasons you love yellow. I went to 'town' late afternoon today and the wattles weere just catching that lovely light with the long shadows. Where was my camera? Of course, at home! Love Mum

kirsty said...

It looks lovely - warm and joyous for sure!

Posy Linda said...

Hiya Kate, great job on the yellow trim. I hope you plan to post the big reveal. I am nosy....... Really, its looking good over there.

ellie said...

I love little splashes of yellow - such pretty doors.... How exciting.

{I'm Stef's good friend - we went to school together. She gave me your blog name; I've really enjoyed looking in on your creative colourful life. Perhaps I'll meet you in January, if we can make it for her wedding....}.

lauren carney said...

oh dolly,
these are some rather fancy snapshots!
i enjoy gazing lovingly upon them!
thanks for sharing!
your blog is splendid! x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails