Monday, August 30, 2010

Stanley at the Auction.

A new pincushion - the pattern came from one of Mum's more recent magazines. I will ask her to put the details into her next post.
Finally some flowers in my pots... self-sown from last year's batch.
One of Stanley's ancestors.
Unfortunately I have no photos of Stanley (let alone Jonno and myself) at the ball but I thought I had better tell you his results... $115! He ended up being at the centre of a furious bidding war between two men... That Stanley! I tell you, he enjoyed every minute.
This week will be a quiet one. Archie has come down with a very convincing case of the chicken pox so we are staying very close to home. I managed to duck out quickly to the vegetable shop and have been cooking up a storm before all of his pox become too itchy - the calm before the storm. So at the moment, I have a lamb shank casserole slowly simmering alongside a beef and red wine stew and a chicken soup. Wahoo for nutrients. Anyhoo, I had better go and do some stirring. Love Kate xxooxxooxx.

10 comments:

Anne said...

Goooooo Stanley!!! I hope you little guy doesn't get too distressed with the chicken pox. I alway said I'd never give my kids phenergan but when they had chickenpox I changed my mind. After the second sleepless night I gave it to them so they would have a good sleep and stop scratching for a while. Good luck.

Anne

Melissa said...

The pincussion is adorable and Stanley is soooo cute. :)

Jen said...

I can imagine him (Stanley) standing there nonchalantly watching the proceedings!

Planet Penny said...

Yes, I also love Stanley's nonchalant pose. I bet he thought he was worth every dollar of the final bid! Poor Archie, I hope he gets well very soon, Penny x

Amanda said...

Hooray Stanley! Well done! That's a great result Kate. I've never been tempted by knitted toys but I can tell you, Stanley has completely won my heart! Where did his pattern come from? I'm thinking I'd love to make Stanley 2 for my Gorgeous Godson! Hope your little fella is soon recovered from his Chicken Pox. Hope he's curled up under that lovely blanket being spoilt rotten! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

kirsty said...

yay Stanley, what a fantastic result (not that we are surprised are we), hope Archie feels better really soon. love the pot full of flowers and your cooking talk is making my mouth watery.

x

Rachel on madeleines sofa said...

I love Stanley and the pin cushion! hope the chicken pox isn't too bad. Great blog, come see mine!!! x

Posy Linda said...

Way to go Stanley. That is wonderful news!!!!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

You go Stanley! I asked my class today if they wanted to do Flat Stanley again and received a resounding YES! I was moved to 5th and had 1/3 of my class in 3rd grade...

Anonymous said...

I can sympathise over the chickenpox - both of my children tag teamed it over the last school holidays. Mine enjoyed soaking in the bath with Pinetarsal liquid in it - which is available from the chemist. Hope they aren't too miserable for you.
Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails