Friday, February 11, 2011

Writing a Tutorial...

Lucy from Attic24 asked me an age ago to write a tutorial for Flora. It was on my mind for a while but then somehow became placed firmly toward the back. However, with two boys now at school, it suddenly seems achievable, in fact I now feel as though I must write all of my patterns down before I forget them.
I've spent a lot of the week trying to jot down all of the instructions and have made millions of different shapes trying to get the best balance. All this has been very good for me but has meant that I haven't been at all posty which I have really missed.
By the way, our real rabbits, The Slipper Sisters are thriving. The boys now bring them up to me in bed each morning with a handful of grass and we admire our most beautiful of girls as they hop around, stopping occasionally to nibble on our hands.
Anyhoo, back to the almost completed tutorial - it has taken a while to be satisfied with the pattern. The poor rabbit to the left is a little giraffe like and there have a few strange, round flattish things lurking that have been abandoned along the way.
Copious amounts of body parts have been littering the place, I hope they don't make our rabbits nervous.
Aside from all that, we are tootling along happily. Stef the Bride came over for a crochet lesson today and I must say she did tremendously well. Her first little square is the one on top and must be said that her tension is perfect. She has been sent home with lots of instructions to keep going and next week we will begin on lesson number two. How to crochet a flower.

Well, back to pattern writing for me, I'm still not 100% happy with the ears so they may have another look at, but hopefully over the next couple of days it will be up.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lots of love, Kate xxooxxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails