Tuesday, February 7, 2012

At the Table.

It is wonderful to be home but goodness, with school starting back, what a whirlwind life has become again... and what a contrast to life down at the beach. Nonetheless, knitting is beckoning to me once more - I've started a new jumper for Archie - We're hurtling towards Autumn at a rapid rate so it really is time to think about getting ready for a change of weather.
Our plums are have ripened so I've been cooking and jamming them as quickly as I can - the cake above is plum with vanilla icing.
We're also making the most of strawberries - they are particularly sweet at the moment.
And of course also making the most of friends and cups of tea... My neighbour came over today and wound up this ball of wool while I was skimming the plum jam. She was a very good jam tester too.
After a morning's work I was very happy to line up twenty jars of jam on the bench and even more proud when Hugo came home from school and couldn't believe I made them all. I like five year olds.
Well, I'm about to collapse on the couch for a while...
Have a lovely night,
Love Kate xxooxx.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kate - Your jam looks delish... I tried once but it all went horribly wrong so have never tried again! LOVE the colour of that wool ... and it's destined to be??? The new sweater looks lovely - I've also started one for my youngest (we're in South Africa) as Autumn is creeping up fast!!! BTW, I've given you the Versatile Blogger Award - hope you like it!!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and am now recommending it to others! (Partly on the strength of the bike crochet alone!! And, partly on the link from Lucy's blog- Attic24.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate-
    I just emailed you a picture that I took today when the mail came because it made me think of you! An ad for our local craft superstore had a cover featuring a bike all tricked out with knitting and flowers on the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are glorious! Brought a moment of sunny cheer to this grey day in the UK. The jam, and the knitting pattern, look especially lovely to my knitterly eye, what's the pattern, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are glorious! Brought a moment of brilliant acclamation to this blah day in the UK. The jam, and the knitting pattern, attending abnormally admirable to my knitterly eye, what's the pattern, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails