Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day.... in our house.

I don't usually worry too much about Valentine's day, but this year has been different - all because of a little five year old boy. Hugo woke up this morning and straight away began crafting in his bedroom, calling out to me, "Whatever you do, don't come into my room". I was then presented with the most heartfelt envelope of cut out hearts, drawings and loving words (I will try to put up a couple of photos tomorrow). He then gave me a couple of blank cards for Jonno and I to use for each other. AAAAAWWWWWWWWWW.
Jonno and I had a chat midmorning and decided that we had better get our romantic skates on and do something for the day, if only to satisfy Hugo's expectations.
I took out my crochet hook and gave Jonno my heart... albeit with veins and arteries and still dripping with blood. Jonno's such a good sport that he's still wearing it. The boys thought it was hilarious.

Thank goodness for five year olds.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.


  1. Love it. Have to admit there has been more card giving between my kids that hubby and me! The heart is brilliant- veins and drips-GENIUS!

  2. Happy Valentine's day!

    I love the power of blogging - do you know that when I took the picture of the first pretty bike in Amersterdam at the weekend I said to my OH that it made me think of your blog! You all the way in NZ....the power!
    I hope you like my bicycles.

  3. I love the heart, the veins are a fantastic idea!!

  4. Thank the Universe for 5 year olds to remind us that it's not just a commercialized holiday... too cute

  5. Thank goodness for children, romantic little creatures aren't they!
    Am impressed with your romantic gift LOL!!!!

  6. Haha very cute :) I crocheted some flat hearts for my fiance and left them in his coat pocket, in his car, and in his lunch bag!
    Jonno looks a bit like Hugh Laurie from house!

  7. I love this so much! Well done Hugo, good on Jonno and clever you! x



Related Posts with Thumbnails