Friday, February 10, 2012

Knitted Dogs.

I think I began knitting this little dog back in July and it has taken me until now to get around the finishing. Do you ever get scared part way along and think it is too difficult to work through??? And then when you finally work up the courage to come back, it is actually surprisingly easy.... The pattern comes from a wonderful book called 'Best in Show' by Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne. If you like dogs and/or retro style toys, this book is a must read/do.
This is Bertle the Fox Terrier. He is a very handsome boy although he does have a huge little dog complex - I'm sure he thinks he is a Rhodesian Ridgeback or something. His little yips are hilarious.
Bertle is a very curious fellow - can you see how he has just sniffed out something interesting around the corner...
And now he has to investigate.
Tickle tummy anyone... I will admit here that as this is a present for my brother-in-law, I have added some extra parts that didn't appear in the pattern.... with apologies.
Bertle would love to join the circus.
Here he is showing off his best move - the old silver apple on the head trick. It impresses every time.
Anyhoo, school pick up soon so I had better fly... make that drive. Hope you are all well and have a lovely weekend.
Lots of love, Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails