Friday, February 10, 2012

Knitted Dogs.

I think I began knitting this little dog back in July and it has taken me until now to get around the finishing. Do you ever get scared part way along and think it is too difficult to work through??? And then when you finally work up the courage to come back, it is actually surprisingly easy.... The pattern comes from a wonderful book called 'Best in Show' by Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne. If you like dogs and/or retro style toys, this book is a must read/do.
This is Bertle the Fox Terrier. He is a very handsome boy although he does have a huge little dog complex - I'm sure he thinks he is a Rhodesian Ridgeback or something. His little yips are hilarious.
Bertle is a very curious fellow - can you see how he has just sniffed out something interesting around the corner...
And now he has to investigate.
Tickle tummy anyone... I will admit here that as this is a present for my brother-in-law, I have added some extra parts that didn't appear in the pattern.... with apologies.
Bertle would love to join the circus.
Here he is showing off his best move - the old silver apple on the head trick. It impresses every time.
Anyhoo, school pick up soon so I had better fly... make that drive. Hope you are all well and have a lovely weekend.
Lots of love, Kate xxooxx.

18 comments:

Charlotte said...

This is so cute and anatomically correct :-O Great job!

Ann On and On... said...

I could never do that...but I can always admire those who can. That's a super cute gift.

paula said...

How adorable AND anatomically correct . . how sweet :0}

Bree said...

You nearly made me spit my wine on the computer! I noticed the photo before I read the comments and that just made it funnier! Well done!

Pink Milk said...

How handsome and well-endowed he is too!

Do you think you ought to knit him a pair of pants for when the weather turns chilly?! :-)

Hx

do you mind if i knit said...

I did have to look twice Kate! I think you should send a photo to the publishers, to pass on to the authors, they'd really enjoy this enormously I imagine! He is a fine fellow, and I imagine very pleased that you've given him balls to cope with life. I was just admiring the little tent, beautiful! Vanessa xxx

Amanda Makes said...

Oh Kate, I do love you so! What a fine well endowed fellow he is! xxx

Hillery said...

Wow, this looks like a challenge. Great Job, Kate. Very funny too.

Curious Imp said...

He is just so awesome! I keep looking at this book and wanting to buy it but know I'd knit everything and keep it all myself...my house is getting full up of knitted things!

sue said...

I'm not a dog person but Bertie is awesome, in EVERYWAY! you look like you've had a great time playing together this afternoon too.

Annika GW said...

What a nice dog! / Annika

Amanda G.Mikels said...

I'm still learning from you, but I'm trying to reach my goals. I absolutely love reading everything that is posted on your website.Keep the posts coming. I liked it!
Endurance® Stainless Steel Compact Folding Dish Rack

pinkgreen said...

He is awesome!! The proverbial dog's b******s in fact!! Is there a labrador in that book too?! XX

Donna said...

This is great. I especially like the 'extras' you've added :)

Mel said...

I have only recently started knitting. Hopefully, one day I will get to the level of making stuffed animals and people. He is adorable!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! hahaha xxx

Aubrey said...

Is this handsome male to be Myrtle's boyfriend? I think there have been a lot of 'Am I seeing what I think I am seeing! well done!

Buy WOW Gold said...

I did accept to attending alert Kate! I anticipate you should forward a photo to the publishers, to canyon on to the authors, they'd absolutely adore this awfully I imagine! He is a accomplished fellow, and I brainstorm actual admiring that you've accustomed him assurance to cope with life. I was just admiring the little tent, beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails