Monday, November 10, 2008

Hand Printed Cushions

One morning I woke early and to my surprise, this is what I found.

This photo is like finding an old love, my first fabric prints - archival craft 2007

I nap every day. By lunch time I begin to feel vulnerable and exposed and the only way I can regather my skin is by lying down during Hugo's nap-time with my eyes and ears closed to the world. This napping fetish does not mean that I am unambitious. I have this huge drive every day to create (no longer dramas and tantrums as in my youth), I need something tangible at the end of everyday that stands the test of time longer than a freshly folded pile of laundry or plate of dinner ever could.
Today however, I did nothing (although my hands are beginning to twitch for my knitting needles), instead I played with my Scottish friend Jackie MacToohey and our little boys - she also has two, Ben at school and Luke, twenty months. Hugo and Luke did all the funny things small boys do as well as feed the lamb and play with the kittens. It was heaven and to let go from my self-imposed schedule of creativity was liberating. It was so good to escape from my idea of what the day should be and instead plunge into the day as it unfurled. Doesn't mean that I am not planning to paint tomorrow though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails