Friday, October 30, 2009

Big Ears the Rabbit...


Let me introduce our new family member, Big Ears Carrot Lover Bruning, a baby Giant Flemish bunny rabbit who we have all fallen utterly and completely head over heels in love with. He arrived yesterday and survived his first night so right now I am feeling hopeful for his long-term chances.
Needless to say, Archie and Hugo are obsessed but, sadly, their mother is even more so. I have never had a pet rabbit before and I am amazed by how cool he is. Big Ears (Hugo is going through a Noddy phase) leaps up onto my lap and nibbles food from our hands. How did I go thirty three years without experiencing this kind of snuffled rabbit love.
On the creative side of life, I have started sewing a couple more pairs of pants for the boys. Now I have started it is hard to stop. It has been such a long time since I have had so much fun with the old sewing machine. Maybe it is the difference between doing something for the boys and sewing an item to sell... much less stress and no worries about speed and efficiency.
At the moment Hugo is carrying Big Ears telling him softly that he is a fluffy little lad.

7 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh what a gorgeous bunny!! I can see why you're all smitten. Yah on the more pants working bee - I get like that too with sewing, once I start it's hard to stop. Have fun :) K

beck said...

Enjoy your bunny love. We have a white called Patch and she is the sweetest thing. She loves dandelions and apple and snoozing in the afternoon sun. Have fun xo

Leonie Guld said...

ooooo he is super cute, so did you get a pair....you know the old saying breed like RABITS !!!

vanessa said...

OOOOWWWW! Big Ears you lucky fluffy bunny darling, you've landed it good, ever so good, with all that love and adoration just for you! So if he's a baby giant bunny, will he become enormous? All the more to cuddle I suppose. When we go to our local garden centre, I always look longingly at the rabbits and rats in the pets section, I love both rabbits and rats. Douglas would not put up with shared pet love though. Love Vanessa xxxx (do you mind if i knit)

pennygj said...

Oh how cute! I think he's bigger than my puppy! So cuddly!

Gabriela said...

So sweet baby boys!

Laura Kelinci said...

Your rabbit familiar.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails